Digital Media and Society from University of Bremen concept is reflected in the following study objectives:
- In-depth scientific and application-oriented development of theories concerning digital media, digital society and digital literacy;
- Better understanding the interplay between processes of digitalization and datafication and its impact on the everyday lives, chances and options of people in different segments of society
- Better understanding the interplay between processes of digitalization and datafication and its impact on businesses, institutions (schools, universities), and organizations
- Gathering practical media experience of at least two different media with a focus on processes of media conception (as electives)
- Knowledge and practical experience of empirical methods, focusing on digital media and the analysis of different forms of data, especially with regard to the conception and realization of independent empirical research projects on different phenomena
- Basic communication research and media analysis, in particular with a focus on digital media
- Key qualifications, in particular in the area of concept planning, project management, presentation techniques, media literacy, moderation and chairing debates, as well as teamwork and leadership tasks.
The interdisciplinary approach and the focus on current research project and relevant social challenges of the MA "Digital Media and Society" prepares graduates for a number of professional roles. In addition to working in different capacities within the media industries, graduates can contribute in various capacities within businesses, NGOs and governmental institutions.
During the course of study, students have ample opportunity to gather practicial experience and build their professional networks.
- Approaches to Digital Media
- Digital Life
- Communication, Religion and Ethics in Digital Society
- Media & Education
- Programming Dynamic Environments
- 3D Modelling with FabLab Technologies
- Smartphone and Disco – Media and the Body-Techniques of the Ego
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Summer start is for advanced students only.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 24 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For inclusion in a master's degree is the completion of studies at the Bachelor's level requirement.
- Language certificates
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
In Bremen, there are no tuition fees. But you do have to pay a semester contribution: 386,39 euro.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.