This Mathematical and Theoretical Physics course at University of Sheffield has been created to equip graduates with advanced mathematical tools that can be applied in major areas of scientific intrigue, from black holes to dark matter.
- There is a wide range of optional modules for you to choose from, so you can focus on the topics that excite you most: general relativity, field theory, quantum mechanics, geometry, electrodynamics, solar physics, particle physics and more.
- You’ll spend around one-third of your time working on your own research project, under the supervision of an expert from our School of Mathematics and Statistics or Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills
- Advanced Electrodynamics
- Advanced Particle Physics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Biological Physics
- Field Theory and General Relativity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 227 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We usually ask for a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in mathematics or physics.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.