This Mathematical and Theoretical Physics course at University of Sheffield has been created to equip graduates with advanced mathematical tools that can be applied in major areas of scientific intrigue, from black holes to dark matter.
- There is a wide range of optional modules for you to choose from, so you can focus on the topics that excite you most: general relativity, field theory, quantum mechanics, geometry, electrodynamics, solar physics, particle physics and more.
- You’ll spend around one-third of your time working on your own research project, under the supervision of an expert from our School of Mathematics and Statistics or Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills
- Advanced Electrodynamics
- Advanced Particle Physics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Biological Physics
- Field Theory and General Relativity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 262 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We usually ask for a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in mathematics or physics.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.