About this Degree from Instituto Superior Técnico
Mechanical Engineering is fundamental in the manufacture of the different objects we use daily, from our bicycle to notebooks, as well as in the automation of the world around us. The role of a mechanical engineer is to analyze, design and design components, tools, machines and equipment, and also perform functions of organization and management of production in an industry.
Instituto Superior Técnico MSc graduates in Mechanical Engineering can work in the energy and industrial production sectors, performing functions such as:
- Manufacture of mechanical and thermal equipment, in an industrial context;
- Energy production and air conditioning;
- Maintenance and operations management;
- Evaluation of mechanical industry projects;
- Industrial research and development;
- Marketing of products, equipment and processes;
- Consulting and leadership, leadership and management functions;
- Professional training and education.
The MSc Programme in Mechanical Engineering (Major) deepens the knowledge acquired in the 1st Cycle, in the following areas of specialization:
- Energy: focused on the study of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer, looking to develop thermal equipment and energy production systems.
- Production: directed towards the development and optimization of materials, manufacturing processes, industrial equipment and systems, as well as production management.
- Systems: directed to the control and automation of mechanical systems, industrial automation and mechatronics. This specialization focuses mainly on robotics and automated process control, which are widely used in industry.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold a 1st cycle degree in Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd cycle in Architecture, which requires a 1st cycle degree in Architecture);
- hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that certifies their ability to do the MSc programme which they apply for.
Candidates are selected according to these criteria:
- affinity between the degree they hold and the programme they apply for;
- type of degree they hold;
- academic success in the programme they attended.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.