This is a two-year conversion Landscape Architecture course at University of Sheffield for graduates who want to qualify and work as professional landscape architects. Whether you have a background in design or not, it will help you develop the skills needed for modern landscape architectural practice.
- The first year provides a thorough grounding in the design, social, technical and scientific aspects of the profession. You’ll learn about the history and theory of landscapes, develop visual and IT skills and tackle a broad range of design projects.
- The second year gives you the opportunity to specialise in landscape planning, design or management, or to take a cross-cutting approach combining more than one aspect. During the Special Project, you’ll work on a landscape architecture solution for a real-world site of your choice.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture is accredited by the Landscape Institute and the International Federation of Landscape Architects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Architecture: nature, design, and people
- Urban Ecological Design and Management
- Landscape Planning
- Landscape Urbanism and Design
- Introduction to Landscape Research
- Research Proposal and Dissertation Preparation
- Landscape Research Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 119 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Good honours degree, ideally in a subject related to landscape or design, for example ecology, geography, geology, architecture, engineering or fine art.
- In exceptional circumstances we may be able to consider your application if you don’t have a degree but you have relevant knowledge, skills and experience through previous employment and/or study.
- We will be looking for your ability to study for a higher degree. This will be subject to approval at faculty level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.