This interdisciplinary course produces international development practitioners with advanced intercultural communication skills.
- You'll develop a critical understanding of the role culture and communication play in international and social development. You’ll explore the theory, policy and practice and consider their combined practical application, which will help you to become a highly effective intercultural communicator in real-life international development situations.
- The Intercultural Communication and International Development course at University of Sheffield is taught by the School of Languages and Cultures and the Department of Geography. A module on international project management integrates the two subjects and there are communication seminars designed for developers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Approaches in Intercultural Communication
- Ethnography: reflective practice
- Ideas and Practice in International Development
- Spatial Planning and Development in the Global South
- Placement Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development View 643 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 in an arts or social sciences subject and an advanced working knowledge of two languages (CEFR B1/B2).
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.