Working in labs, you’ll get advanced training in the analysis of human remains. Through dissection, you’ll gain a detailed understanding of skeletal and soft tissue anatomy. Lectures in funerary archaeology put the subject in context.
- As a member of a vibrant research community, you will also develop core skills in research project development and statistical data analysis.
- You’ll put these skills to work over the summer on an original, independent research project.
- Graduates from this Human Osteology and Funerary Archaeology course at University of Sheffield have pursued careers in academia, commercial archaeology, heritage management and museums. Many go on to PhDs.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design: Planning, Execution and Presentation
- Biological Anthropology
- Dissertation (Journal Paper Style)
- Funerary Archaeology
- Quantitative methods in anthropology and archaeology
- Human Anatomy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 200 other Masters in Ancient History in United Kingdom
- Usually a minimum 2:1 honours degree in an arts, humanities or science subject. But your interest in and understanding of archaeology is more important than what you studied at undergraduate level
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
International24400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.