Environmental considerations are central to international development theory, policy and practice. Our course gives you an in-depth understanding of the complexities of international development. You'll also explore how society-environment interactions influence international development policy and practice.
- You'll develop professional skills, carry out hands-on research during an overseas field class, and you'll complete a placement-based dissertation that links academic theory with development practice.
- Our teaching involves industry and sector specialists, which means you can make connections and contacts with a global network of expertise beyond the University.
- On this Environmental Change and International Development course at University of Sheffield you'll develop the practical skills you need to work within development and environmental organisations around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ideas and Practice in International Development
- Research Design and Methods in International Development
- Understanding Environmental Change
- Key Issues in Environment and Development
- Professional Skills for Development
- Dissertation with Placement
- International Development field class
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Environmental Sciences View 368 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You'll need a 2:1 or first-class honours degree in an area of the social sciences or medicine.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.