The English Studies (online) MA course at University of Sheffield is taught completely online, so you can study while working, wherever you live. It's one of the only distance learning MA courses to be offered by a leading Russell Group institution.
- You'll be supported by our expertise in areas including Renaissance literature, contemporary literatures and literary linguistics, deepening your knowledge of the field and preparing you for research study at PhD level, if that is your goal.
- To support your learning you’ll have access to a range of electronic resources, including scholarly journals, ebooks, the online Oxford English Dictionary, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography and Early English Books Online. Most class texts can be accessed electronically through the University libraries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in English Studies.
- Literature and the Mind
- Shakespeare and Early Women Dramatists
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 63 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- At least a 2:1 honours degree in English literature, language, linguistics, or a related discipline (eg history, philosophy, modern languages).
- Overall IELTS score of 7.5 with a minimum of 7.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9975 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.