Gain an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Data Science and its application in different organisational contexts. You'll be provided with a set of fundamental principles that support ethical extraction of information and knowledge from data. Case studies will help to show the practical application of these principles to real life problems.
- The Data Science programme at University of Sheffield is centred on three key aspects of data science: fundamental data-related principles, supporting infrastructures and organisational context.
- You'll gain practical skills in handling structured and unstructured data, analysing and visualising data, data mining, as well as gaining hands-on experience of software tools used and their use in real-world settings.
- You'll gain the skills of a data manager who understands what the algorithms (e.g., for data mining or handling ‘Big Data’) can do and when to use them for the benefit of the organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCurses include:
- Data Visualization
- Data Analysis
- Data and Society
- Data Mining
- Database Design
- Business Intelligence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 348 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need at least a 2:1 in any subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.