You will dissect these three areas and their inherent interconnections, giving you the skills to become an effective civil engineer.
- The core modules in the Civil Engineering programme from University of Sheffield give you a grounding in engineering analysis and design. In the second semester, you can follow your interests and choose from a list of specialist modules.
- Our department is research-led, meaning you’ll be taught about the latest ideas and concepts within the field, while the advanced research project provides you with an opportunity to explore a current issue in civil engineering in much greater detail.
- This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Design
- Geotechnical Design
- Constitutive Modelling of Geotechnical Materials
- Groundwater Engineering
- Engineering Hydraulics or Engineering Hydrology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 748 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree (BEng, MEng, BSc) in civil or structural engineering or other appropriate engineering or science subject.
- We’ll consider your application if you have appropriate professional qualifications and work experience, but you’ll need a strong background in the areas covered on the course.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.