Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
The society in which we live today is fundamentally dependent on the structures that structural engineers design and deliver. The Civil - Structural Engineering (Online) program at Engineering Institute of Technology , therefore, addresses the specific core competencies and associated underpinning knowledge required of structural engineers.
The curriculum covers a diverse range of topics geared to producing well-rounded graduates equipped with the knowledge that employers require. This master’s program aims to provide the student with a multitude of tools and techniques, including those that tackle specific organizational problems and also those needed to design and implement engineering structures.
The Project Thesis is the capstone unit of the program and draws on the topic and reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the preceding units. As a significant research component of the program, this project will facilitate research, critical evaluation along with the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative, enabling students to critique and potentially enhance current professional practice in the civil engineering industry. The Project Thesis requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Town planning
The program is an academically accredited program by the Australian Government agency (TEQSA).This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
- Project, Design and Construction Management
- Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part
- Structural Design Part 2 – Advanced Topics on Steel Design
- Structural Dynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least four weeks before the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Engineering Management View 14 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Provider Number - 03567C
- To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Tuition fees depend on your country of origin.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.