About this Degree from Instituto Superior Técnico
Ionizing radiation has applications in various sectors such as Health, Industry, Environment, Research, Services, Security and Energy, in which aspects of Radiological Protection cannot be neglected. Radiation Protection and Safety Master Programme addresses a set of multidisciplinary topics, at the forefront of knowledge and transversal to several scientific and technological domains, in order to train professionals capable of meeting the needs of Education and Training involved in the use of ionizing radiation, either in companies, hospitals, research centers or regulatory bodies in the various industries mentioned.
Instituto Superior Técnico MSc graduates in Radiation Protection and Safety are qualified to exercise their professional activity in the areas of ionizing radiation applications in the following sectors:
- Investigation and development;
These professionals have the skills required by law to perform tasks as “Radiation Protection Specialist” and “Responsible for Radiation Protection”, recognized by the General Directorate of Health (Direção-Geral da Saúde).
- The MSc Programme in Radiation Protection and Safety Master Programme (Major) deepens knowledge in topics such as Radiation Detection, Ionizing Radiation, Radioactivity, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Biological Effects of Radiation, Regulation of Radiological Safety, among others.
- The syllabus offers training in a wide range of scientific, technological, technical, socio-economic, ethical, legal, legal, regulatory and legislative topics in Radiological Safety and Protection.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 11 other Masters in Health Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold a 1st cycle degree in Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd cycle in Architecture, which requires a 1st cycle degree in Architecture);
- hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that certifies their ability to do the MSc programme which they apply for.
Candidates are selected according to these criteria:
- affinity between the degree they hold and the programme they apply for;
- type of degree they hold;
- academic success in the programme they attended.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.