Our Biological Sciences MSc degree at University of Sheffield trains you for a career in research or management around the world. Throughout your course, you'll learn about fundamental concepts and key skills required within the discipline before applying what you've learnt in your literature review and Independent Research Project.
You can choose to explore the breadth of organismal biological sciences or specialise in an area that most interests you within three pathways:
- Evolutionary biology: This is a rapidly moving field, thanks to revolutionary advances in sequencing technologies.
- Plant and crop science: Training is led by the experts behind the Institute for Sustainable Food.
- Biodiversity and conservation: Students will develop fundamental knowledge about today’s major conservation issues and the human and environmental drivers including marine plastics, urbanisation, tropical logging and the balance between sustainable food production and biodiversity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Evolutionary Principles
- Molecular Evolution and Genomics
- Issues in Evolutionary Biology
- Biodiversity in Space and Time
- Future Crop Systems
- Agricultural Ecology in a Changing World
- Issues in Global Food Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Bioinformatics View 162 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree, or equivalent, in biological sciences or a related subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.