- There are opportunities to work on real-life projects with local, regional and international groups as part of our Live Projects initiative. You can take the course as a stand-alone MA or as preparation for a PhD via our PhD by Design programme.
- You'll investigate architectural themes in depth, working closely with your studio tutor. The aim is to consider design within the context of rigorous and innovative research. You'll specialise in the theory and practice of design and develop the skills and knowledge to be a creative and original architect.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Design ‘Live Project’
- Design Project
- Reflections on Architectural Design
- Thesis Design Project
- Environment and Technology in Design
- Reflections on Architectural Education
- Critical Spatial Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 523 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 honours degree or an equivalent qualification related to design in the built environment, such as architecture, landscape architecture or urban planning. Your degree doesn’t have to be design- based. If you have a lot of professional design experience we’ll consider your application.
- We’d like to see your portfolio to get an idea of your design abilities.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23248 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23248 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.