Antimicrobial Resistance degree offered at University of Sheffield will train the healthcare workers, policy makers and scientists of tomorrow.
If you have a strong interest in infectious disease, antibiotics and their use in healthcare and infection control then this course will prepare you for an exciting career in this area. The Antimicrobial Resistance MSc will give you hands-on training and a rea
l-world insight into the different approaches used to tackle the global threat of AMR.
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) poses an increasingly serious threat to global public health. It occurs when the microorganisms that cause infection survive exposure to a medicine that would normally kill them or stop their growth. But AMR is no longer a prediction for the future, it’s happening right now with drug resistant infections already causing deaths each year in Europe and the US alone.
You’ll learn through a mixture of working in a research laboratory, lectures, seminars, workshops and small-group discussions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infectious Disease and Antimicrobials
- AMR and Current Clinical Practice
- Global Policy, Disease Control and New Therapies
- Research and Communication across the Disciplines
- Developing Communication Skills
- Research Project in Antimicrobial Resistance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1348 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 BSc honours degree or equivalent in a biological science. We will consider applicants from other science, engineering or maths backgrounds on a case-by-case basis.
- We also accept medical students who wish to intercalate their studies.
International23750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.