The Advanced Metallurgy (Distance Learning) programme from University of Sheffield is available to study by distance learning, over 2 years. The course content is similar to the face-to-face version of the course, and the end qualification is the same; it’s just the method of delivery that is different.
- The distance learning version of the course is only available to individuals either directly working in, or with the support of a metals/materials related industry.
- This is important as your 60 credit project module will be directly related to this industry, and will require the necessary facilities to carry out the research.
This degree programme is fully accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IoM3).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Materials Selection, Properties and Applications
- Technical Skills Development
- Metallurgical Processing
- Deformation, Fracture and Fatigue
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 11 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree in materials, metallurgy, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- A significant part of the course involves completing a research project. This project will need to be done in the workplace under the day-to-day supervision of a manager. A company working in a relevant sector will need to sponsor your project. This could be your current employer or a company for which you will perform a research project.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13100 GBP per year during 24 months.
National13100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13100 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.