Advanced Metallurgy (Distance Learning) degree offered at University of Sheffield is a distance learning version of our long established MMet Advanced Metallurgy course.To complete this distance learning course, you will need to be directly working in, or have the support of, a metals/materials related industry. This is important as your 60-credit project module will be directly related to this industry, and will require the necessary facilities to carry out the research.
We teach an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of current developments in metallurgy and metallurgical engineering.
You will be taught by academic and industry experts from across the globe through a series of recorded videos and live webinars.
You'll be assessed by formal examinations, coursework assessment, research reports and poster presentations. You will be required to make one visit to Sheffield at the end of the course for the examination and project presentation.
- This degree programme is fully accredited by the IOM3.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Materials Selection, Properties and Applications
- Technical Skills Development
- Metallurgical Processing
- Deformation, Fracture and Fatigue
- Heat and Materials with Application
- Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 10 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in materials, metallurgy, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- A significant part of the course involves completing a research project. This project will need to be done in the workplace under the day-to-day supervision of a manager. A company working in a relevant sector will need to sponsor your project. This could be your current employer or a company for which you will perform a research project.
International11875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11875 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA11875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11875 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Home/EU : £11,875 in Year 1, £11,875 in Year 2
- Overseas : £11,875 in Year 1, £11,875 in Year 2
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.