This Acquired Communication Disorders course at University of Sheffield is for speech and language therapists/pathologists, linguists, psychologists or others with a relevant background who have an interest in acquired communication disorder s such as aphasia, dysarthria and the communication difficulties secondary to dementia or traumatic brain injury.
- The course will develop your knowledge and skills of evidence-based practice so that you can effectively support people with acquired speech, language and communication difficulties.
- You’ll have the opportunity to take part in a range of clinical observations with speech and language therapy clients (adults and children) throughout the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Acquired Language Disorders
- Acquired Speech Disorders
- Methods in Clinical Linguistics
- Developing an Evidence Base for Practice
- Research Methods
- Dissertation/Evaluation of Clinical Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline such as speech and language therapy/pathology, linguistics, education or psychology.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.