This three-semester Master's degree programme in Electrical Energy Systems and Electromobility (EE) at the University of Applied Sciences Ulm will give you a varied and comprehensive education in this interdisciplinary field, giving you the skills to deal with current energy technology challenges and the innovations needed in the coming decades.This is achieved with specialisation subjects in renewable energy generation (solar, wind and fuel cell technology) as well as the essential electrical conversion and storage equipment (power electronics, battery systems).The interdisciplinary nature of the course will help you learn how to think and act systematically with an interlinked approach, as well as providing you with expertise in the design, construction and operation of technical systems in the energy systems and electro-mobility sectors. Ulm University of Applied Sciences also wants to guide you towards independent scientific working, to prepare you for leading technical roles in organisations later on.
Upon graduation, numerous employers in different industrial sectors await you.With the Master’s degree programme EE, we will train you to become a specialist development engineer with detailed knowledge about energy generation and conversion. This will make you particularly attractive to innovative companies in the energy and automotive sectors, who are looking to fill leadership roles in their research and development departments.As well as qualifying you directly for a career, successful completion of the Master’s degree programme also entitles you to enter the civil service on the “höheren Dienst” career path and enables you to do a doctoral degree.
- Power Electronics
- Electrochemical Power Sources
- Energy Management
- Current Technologies in the Field of Renewable Energies
- Web Technologies and Data Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 28 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Applied Sciences Ulm and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A prerequisite for admission to the degree programme EE is an above-average qualification in a technically-oriented degree: with a standard study period of at least three years and course content corresponding to at least 180 ECTS credit points – at a German university of applied sciences or a comparable foreign university.
- Furthermore, you should have sound knowledge and expertise: equivalent to that obtainable at the Ulm University of Applied Sciences in the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by the departments Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Engineering, and Mechatronics and Medical Engineering, or in the degree programme Energy Systems.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Ulm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.