Throughout the Shakespeare and Education programme offered by the University of Birmingham you will be incorporating the study of Shakespeare's plays in performance and adaptation. You can study this programme on-site at the Shakespeare Institute in Stratford-upon-Avon or by distance learning.
The University's Careers Network provides advice and information specifically for postgraduates that will help you to develop an effective career and skills development strategy, and to make the most of your time with us at the University. The College of Arts and Law also has a dedicated careers and employability team to deliver tailored programmes of careers events and local support.
You will have opportunities to: meet employers face-to-face at on-campus recruitment fairs; attend employer presentations and skills workshops; receive individual guidance on your job applications, writing your CV and improving your interview technique; and access to comprehensive listings of hundreds of graduate jobs and work experience opportunities.
You will also be able to access our full range of careers support for up to two years after graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Shakespeare and Pedagogy (on-site only)
- Shakespeare’s Theatre (on-site and distance learning)
- Research Skills (on-site and distance learning)
- Early Modern Drama: Middleton and Jonson (on-site and distance learning)
- History of Shakespeare in Performance (on-site and distance learning)
- Shakespeare and Early Modern Playhouse Culture (on-site and distance learning)
- Shakespeare's Craftsmanship (on-site and distance learning)
- Shakespeare's Legacy (on-site and distance learning)
- Shakespeare's Text (on-site and distance learning)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Literature View 819 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Our usual entry requirement for this programme is a 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent, in English or a related subject.
- However, if you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we would still encourage you to apply and we will consider you for our Affiliate entry route. This enables you to register for the programme’s core modules initially, and upon successful completion you are able to register for the full programme.
- Please note that all applications are treated on their merits, and we will review your references, personal statement and past experience alongside your qualifications when considering your application.
International19170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19170 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time/distance: £1,028 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.