For the professors it is like a big family reunion every time. At the international workshop, students also meet their fellow students for the first time after their semester abroad and get to know students from partner universities in the same semester.
In terms of content, it is usually possible to combine regional cultural characteristics with current topics of interior design discourse.
Put out your feelers
Even after your studies you can still benefit from the IMIAD network. But it is up to you how you use the opportunities that arise and how much you network with the world and stay in touch with other alumni. Graduates of the International Interior-Architectural Design (IMIAD) programme of Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences have friends all over the world, both on a private and professional level. And a common mission: Make the world a better place.
The programme holds accreditation awarded by ASIIN (an accreditation agency for programmes in the field of engineering, computer science, natural sciences and mathematics).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In terms of content, it is usually possible to combine regional cultural characteristics with current topics of interior design discourse.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An above-average degree (at least 2.5) in an artistically oriented university course with a standard period of study of at least three years at a German or comparable foreign university. Possible fields of study are interior design, architecture or other disciplines that focus on interior design.
- Good English language skills
- A relevant practical phase of at least 8 weeks. The practical phase must have been completed by the start of lectures in the 1st semester and should have taken place in an office that focuses on interior design.
- Tabular curriculum vitae with photograph
- Letter of motivation in German and English (max. 1 page DIN A4 each)
- Certificate of first degree (for foreign degrees also a certified translation into German) or certified grade sheet of all exams required for first degree (except for final degree certificate)
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (for foreign degrees, also a certified German translation)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
There are no tuition fees for international students from within the EU.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.