The Economics degree offered by the University of Freiburg focuses on building up analytical capacities rather than trying to cover all aspects of the field, because we believe that in a rapidly changing economic and business environment it is the ability to identify, structure, analyze, and solve changing problems that matters. Flexibility demands the ability to collect, assess, and process information in an analytical and systematical way rather than to maximize the storage of information that will typically be short-lived and may be very specific to the situation decision-makers are confronted with or the industry they are operating in.
The program is targeted at post graduates of high potential to be recruited for high and top positions in industry, national administrations, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, and academia. Decision making and management positions demand increasingly broad analytical skills and interdisciplinary knowledge; pure technical or business related skills and experiences will not be sufficient in the near future. Our program reflects these new demands:
We provide students with state-of-the-art economic expertise and management know-how linked with complementary courses from other disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Economics
- Intermediate Econometrics
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Economic Policy and Public Choice
- Constitutional Economics
Our master program focus on people and/or positions that require a broad ranging knowledge and an excellent command of up-to-date analytical and management tools in order to solve complex, multi-level problems in the international market place, the political arena, or in academia.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 73 other Masters in Finance in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Grade point average (GPA) in previous studies of at least 2,5 according to the German grading system.
- A one-page statement of intent (Why do you want to enrol for which program?)
- If you have graduated from a university in China, Mongolia or Vietnam, please enclose an APS-certificate, to be issued by the German Embassy
- Signed declaration in English or German of not having lost the right to examination in another Master in Economics program or similar.
- Evidence of sufficient command of English at the level C1
- Other documents: Other tests such as GRE, GMAT or recommendation letters can also be uploaded if they are combined in one single document
- Certification of completion of the application
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€161 registration fee per semester for all students
Living costs for Freiburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.