Advances in digital technology have dramatically increased the demand for specialists in digital and social communication. A deep understanding of digital and social media is key to success across a range of professions, from media and marketing to policy-making and advocacy.
By taking the Digital and Social Media course from Curtin University you’ll develop advanced skills in creating, maintaining and managing online communications across web media, publishing and presence, online collaboration, and building and maintaining networks and virtual communities.
You will learn the fundamentals of online communications, including how to identify and understand emerging trends such as artificial intelligence, social media influencers, big data and online analytics.
You will explore how the internet is changing political systems, reshaping societies, cultures and economies, and how you can apply this knowledge in your workplace practice. You will have the opportunity to focus on specialist areas of communications and policy, content management, training and development.
In your final year you will undertake a research project and write a dissertation. When you complete the course, you may be eligible for doctoral-level studies.
- You will learn to be an independent and successful leader of digital and social media development.
- You will understand the power of the internet to inform, influence and engage individuals, communities and societies.
- Our teaching staff are highly qualified and dedicated educators, many of whom are also active researchers in the field.
- Our staff and students are contributors to the academic network, the Association of Internet Researchers.
- The course is associated with the Centre for Culture and Technology, giving you the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge, interdisciplinary expertise and research in media, culture and digital technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Culture and Everyday Life
- Web Communications
- Advanced Discipline Project
- Digital Culture and Everyday Life
- Power, Politics and the Internet
- Social Media, Communities and Networks
- Writing on the Web
- The Digital Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMarketing Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Marketing View 41 other Masters in Digital Marketing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 032988G
- A three or four year bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised tertiary education institution; or successful completion of 2 or more units in the Graduate Certificate in Internet Communications; students who have completed the Bachelor of Arts (Internet Com
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29100 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.