The Leadership and Change program of The New School will help students become skilled and committed leaders with the capacity to successfully transform organizations, programs, initiatives, and communities. Students in certain master's degree programs of The New School may be able to earn the certificate concurrently with their master's degree.
Become a leader for change by examining values, engaging in honest dialogue, taking risks, and using leadership tools and models.
Develop new ideas and skills and return to your organization with insights you can immediately put into action.
Commitment to Inclusion
Learn to embed inclusion and equity into organizational systems, processes, and cultures.
Benefit from the resources, student networks, and faculty expertise of a university-wide management and entrepreneurship community.
Successful change leaders are able to transcend conventional wisdom, examine values, engage in honest dialogue about what works and what doesn't, and try out new ideas in organizational settings. Our program embraces proven models of change leadership. Managers who complete the certificate program are prepared to take on enhanced roles in business and nonprofit management, organizing, advocacy, social entrepreneurship, sustainability leadership, human resources development, and internal and external consulting.
- Leadership for Sustainability and Environmental Policy
- Foundations of Organizational Change
- Fundraising and Development
- Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship
- Why Leadership Matters: Power or Potential
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall Priority Deadline: January 15
- Applications may be accepted after deadlines on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management Strategic Management View 72 other Masters in Strategic Management in United States
- Applicants are required to apply online using The New School’s online application
- The application fee is $50. The fee is paid through the online application and is nonrefundable
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic or Professional Writing Sample (Optional)
- Although not required, if you took the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), scores can be submitted to support your application
- All applicants whose first language is not English must submit valid TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores
International1710 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1710 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1710 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1710 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.