The Gender and Sexuality Studies Postgrad. Cert. program offered by The New School is designed to foster intellectual collaboration on the study of gender and sexuality among students and faculty representing a variety of disciplines.
Learn to recognize and respond to questions such as: What is gender? How is sexuality culturally constructed? How do attitudes toward gender affect individual experience, artifact design, artistic production, and modes of social organization? How do we respond to gender-based claims of injustice? What does social justice looks like in a gendered (or post-gendered) world?
Located in New York City, your study of gender and sexuality will be shaped by unparalleled access to renowned research resources, experts, and institutions, including:
- The Lesbian Herstory Archives
- The Pat Parker/Vito Russo Center Library of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center
- Bluestockings bookstore
- The gay and lesbian and HIV/AIDS archival collections at the New York Public Library
- Trans Theory as Gender Theory
- Gender, Culture, and Media
- Trans | Aesthetics
- Women's Intellectual History
- Money, Sex, Power: Feminist Theories of Work
- Marxist Feminism: A Genealogy of U.S. Feminist Theory
- Fashion Criticism: Past, Present, and Future
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 606 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply to our graduate programs, you must complete The New School's online application
- The application fee is $50. The fee is paid through the online application and is non-refundable
- Recommendation Letters
- Personal Essays
- Writing Sample
- All applicants whose first language is not English must submit valid TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores
International27120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.