Students of Translation Studies at the University of Heidelberg study the theory and practice of the written transmission of general and specialist texts into another language. In addition, they learn about the topics and strategies of multi-lingual culture mediation.
Occupational AreasTranslators can find work in both the private as well as the public sectors:
- in translation agencies
- in translation departments of internationally-oriented businesses
- in translation departments of national and international institutions
- as language and culture mediators in national and international businesses and in the media
- terminology management and software localisation
- cultural consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master’s programme relates languages to the primary language German (A-language), either:
- an active foreign language (B-language)
- an active (B-language) and a passive foreign language (C-language)
- three passive foreign languages (C-languages)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 18 other Masters in Linguistics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.