Health Care Research and Implementation Science are relatively young and interdisciplinary disciplines, their subject is the medical and health care. Health Care Research investigates it under everyday life conditions and aims at improving it, e.g. by implementing new care models and their evaluation. Implementation Science focusses on the transfer of research results to clinical, administrative and political contexts of health care.This Master’s degree programme Health Care Research and Implementation Science in Health Care Systems at the University of Heidelberg is the first of its kind in Germany with a specialisation in Health Care Research and Implementation Science.
The Master’s degree programme links an in-depth scientific qualification in health care research and implementation science with general analytical-methodical competencies. The competencies gained during the course of study qualify graduates for a broad range of career options in health care, in science, politics, companies, associations and administration.Typical fields of work are:
- Organisation in health care (e.g. medical associations, professional societies, health insurance organisations, self-help groups, pharmaceutical companies)
- Health care politics (e.g. health authorities, ministries)
- Health care provision (e.g. hospital administration)
- Science and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureHealth care research and implementation science
- Basics of health care research
- Basics of implementation science
- Quality improvement and evaluation
- Development and change in health care organisations
- Management, administration and legal aspects of health care systems
- Health economic evaluation
- Health care systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 12 other Masters in Health Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.