Throughout the Midwifery (Short Programme) programme from University of Hull , you'll gain the knowledge, skills, and competence to care for women and their families across the childbearing period; during pregnancy, labour, birth, postnatal, including the systematic examination and assessment of the newborn infant.
At the point of registration, you will be able to provide skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate care for women and their newborn infants and families.
The aim of the programme is to develop a midwife who is able to deliver the best possible care to women and their families.
Midwifery requires people who are enthusiastic, compassionate and understanding, knowledgeable and level-headed, who are responsive and can think decisively. As well as developing these qualities, this programme aims to equip you with the ability to apply biological, social, political, and cultural perspectives to the context of childbearing.
This programme provides opportunities for you to achieve your full potential and fosters commitment to continuing education. At the end of the programme, you will be ready to undertake the role and responsibilities of the midwife. Midwives leave the Faculty and go on to the wide range of career opportunities available for them. Students are prepared to work anywhere in the UK and throughout the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Initial midwifery practice
- Fundamental skills for midwifery
- The delivery of care in complex pregnancy and birth
- Essential skills for midwifery: 4
- Additional care: the neonate
- Practice 2: contribution to care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1011 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree in Adult Nursing
- Adult nurse live on the NMC professional register
- Currently employed as an adult nurse
- Recent study within the last three years
- For applicants whose first language is not English, we require IELTS Level 7 in every element.
- Applicants must be able to work in the UK without restriction and must not require a student visa
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.