Course descriptionThe Master of Writing encourages students to explore the range of writing styles needed to work professionally and creatively in publication industries. Students will also develop their own writerly voice through learning and practice in craft, in theory that enriches their writing, and through research and long form creative projects. The goal of Swinburne's writing programs is to teach the writing skills that are needed for success in today’s writing and publishing environment, and to expose students to opportunities for publicationThese programs are designed to give students access to the best materials in print and online as well as to experts in their field. Students will be supported by online mentors and tutors.
Graduate skillsThe Swinburne University of Technology graduate attributes signify that Swinburne intends that its teaching courses assist all its graduates to be:
- capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas
- entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- effective and ethical in work and community situations
- adaptable and able to manage change
- aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Friends: The Real and Virtual Support of Writers
- Research for Writers
- Real Life Writing
- Reading and Writing
- Writing History: People, Places and Times
- writing for Digital Media
- Writing and Praxis: Publication Folio A
- The Creative Artefact: Publication Folio B
- Creative Industry Enterprise
- Creativity for Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 5 other Masters in Creative Writing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00111D
- A recognised bachelor degree in any of the fields of: creative arts, society and culture, education, health, and management and commerce or
- Graduate Certificate of Writing or Graduate Certificate in Arts (Writing).
National25500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25500 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Interntional fee -A$3690 (per unit)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.