The Master of Urban Design offered at the Swinburne University of Technology is about shaping urban environments across a range of scales — from individual buildings and streets to neighbourhoods, suburbs and entire cities and their wider regions. Through a future-focused, design-led approach, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of how transport, community, environment, economy and policy fit together to make the healthy, inclusive, culturally-significant and sustainable places we can all call ‘home’.
Master of Urban Design graduates will be knowledgeable about contemporary urban design thinking and be skilled in cutting edge urban analysis and design technology. Urban design and strategic planning skills are highly sought after in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. The course’s emphasis upon urban information, data and modelling situates our graduates in a highly competitive position to attain work locally and globally in areas such as:
- private practices including: urban design practices, architecture practices, landscape architecture practices, and planning practices
- local government: planning authorities and local city councils.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Research Studio
- Dynamic Modelling of Cities
- Theories of Buildings and Cities
- Design Research Studio
- Urban Informatics and Modelling
- Urban Economics and Governance
- Planning Law, Strategic & Statutory Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 35 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 098497D
Admission to the Master of Urban Design will require one of the following:
- successful completion of the Swinburne Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or
- successful completion of the Swinburne Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a major in Architecture or
- successful completion of the Swinburne Bachelor of Design (Interior Architecture) (Honours) with an advanced minor in Architecture or
- successful completion of another three year undergraduate architectural course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National35480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35480 AUD per year during 24 months.
$7,950 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.