You’ll gain an authentic experience of working in clinical environments and health care systems through four clinic practice placements and a work immersive program within a community setting.
You’ll also undertake units in digital health and technology, business, leadership, and enterprise that will build your capacity for work readiness and empower you to drive innovation in the field.
Self-evaluation and reflection will be encouraged with a ‘Knowing Self’ unit, where you’ll be paired with physiotherapy mentors to help you become an agile, engaged and capable health professional.
The Master of Physiotherapy from Swinburne University of Technology is an accredited and approved program by the Australian Physiotherapy Council and is endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Board.
The Swinburne graduate attributes signify that Swinburne intends that its teaching courses assist all its graduates to be:
- capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas
- entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- effective and ethical in work and community situations
- adaptable and able to manage change
- aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Anatomy and Biomechanics for Physiotherapists
- Knowing-self, Professional Practice and Communication
- Exercise and Acute Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Cardiorespiratory Science and Physiotherapy Practice
- Neurosciences and Physiotherapy Practice
- Sports, Occupational Health and Rehabilitation
- Research, Evidence and Translation
- Leadership and Business for Physiotherapists
- Complex and Advanced Physiotherapy Practice
- Early Life and Specific Populations
- Community Health Promotion and Chronic Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 369 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code 098499B
- Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in a health science discipline, and/or
- tertiary level studies in human musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology.
- In addition, applicants are required to have:
- completed their degree in the last 10 years or have undertaken subsequent Postgraduate studies
- obtained a minimum 70% GPA in their last year of study.
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- minimum IELTS overall band of 7.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.5
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 95 with a reading band no less than 20 and writing band no less than 22
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 66 (no communicative skills less than 58)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International47790 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47790 AUD per year during 24 months.
National43380 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43380 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.