On Master of Financial Planning from Swinburne University of Technology you’ll become adept at using industry software (XPLAN) and build your awareness of the industry through site visits, industry annual roadshows and specialist guest speakers.
This Master of Financial Planning offers participants the opportunity to specialise in Financial Planning for professional recognition. A career in Financial Planning is about helping clients to manage their risks, grow their wealth and plan for their retirements. That requires gaining substantial knowledge in fields of investment, insurance, taxation, superannuation and estate planning. This course also introduces students to the regulations and ethical principles that are required for a successful career in this industry. The course builds on the skills and knowledge acquired in the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma. It further develops the analytical and creative skills necessary when dealing with Financial Planning issues within planning and decision-making. Students will have the opportunity to join the financial advice industry in a managerial role as a financial planner in the fields of investment, insurance, superannuation and estate planning.
This course is accredited by the Financial Planning Education Council (FPEC). Students are eligible to apply for membership to the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) and for entry into the FPA CFP® Certification Program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Systems and Reporting
- Taxation Principles and Planning *
- Elements of Financial Planning and Regulation
- Behavioural Finance and Investment *
- Ethics and Client Management *
- Corporate Financial Management *
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 107 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 098548J
- a recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline or
- a recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two year equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* or
- a Graduate Certificate of Financial Planning ** or Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
- completion of the Postgraduate Qualifying Program PLUS either previous Higher Education Study in a related discipline OR a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* (International applicants only)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 USD per year during 18 months.
National26600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.