You’ll attain the knowledge to identify, demonstrate, diagnose and fix threats in software information systems. You’ll learn about network security, penetration testing, incident response, security management, reverse engineering and ethical hacking.
Upon graduation of the Master of Cybersecurity from Swinburne University of Technology , you’ll have the confidence and ability to pursue a career as a systems analyst in fields such as cybersecurity, incident response, auditing and malware.
Graduates will be equipped to seek employment in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Systems Manager
- Cybersecurity Coordinator/ Operations/Project Manager
- Security System Developer
- Network/Cybersecurity Engineer/Architect
- Security Solutions Sales
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creating Web Applications
- Technology Enquiry Project
- Technology Design Project
- Technology Innovation Project
- Internet Security
- Technology Application Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 46 other Masters in IT Security in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 098492JThe admission requirements for Master of Cybersecurity consist of:
- a bachelor degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline, or
- a non-STEM bachelor degree, plus 3 years industry experience in the web development, cybersecurity, software development or related fields, or
- successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity.
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National32700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32700 AUD per year during 24 months.
Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP): $8,021
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.