The Media Design Graduate School empowers you to take steps that will change the world. Mix with the brightest, most passionate people. Develop systematical creative thinking and build design skills in an innovative fast-paced fun environment.
Possible career pathways for graduates of the Design programme from Media Design School include both strategic and design positions within design studios, companies and consultancy agencies:
- Design Project Manager; Systems Designer; Merchandising and Branding Developer or Strategist; Sustainability Designer; Interactive Designer; Mobile Technologies Designer; User Experience Designer; Design Analyst; Screen Designer; Digital Animator; Information Designer; Product Designer and Developer; Service Designer; Transmedia Designer; Packaging Designer; Secondary Design Teacher; Design Consultant; Design Manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Research: Connecting Texts, Deciphering Context
- Interdisciplinary Design Project: Emerging Contexts
- Contemporary Design Issue: Creative Futures
- Special Topic Project: Creative Entrepreneurship
- Special Topic Project: Design and Economies
- Interdisciplinary Design Theories: Dialogues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 7 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 8 other Masters in Graphic Design in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Media Design School and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In order to be admitted to the Master of Design an applicant must have completed the following or equivalent:
- An Honours degree that is of relevance to design (such as Design - Graphic, Industrial, Product, Fine Arts, Cognitive Science/Psychology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering); or
- An appropriate international equivalent design or allied professional qualification requiring at least three years full-time tertiary study at an appropriate level as approved by the Academic Board; or
- Relevant professional experience (considered to be equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree ~ six plus years experience in a design related field showing career progression and increasing responsibility) as approved by the Academic Board.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20541 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20541 USD for the full programme during 7 months.
National6257 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6257 USD for the full programme during 7 months.
- Domestic: $10,180.00 NZD
- International: $33,417.00 NZD
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.