The Social Work (Qualifying) program at the University of Sydney is for you if your ambition is to make a positive difference in mental health, women's services, corrections, disability support, child and family services, migrant and refugee services or international development.
The Master of Social Work (Qualifying) equips you with the skills and knowledge to become a professional social worker in the health, community services or non-government sector. It is also a pathway to leadership roles in social work and related professions.
The Master of Social Work (Qualifying) responds to the key priority learning areas identified by the AASW accreditation process: child protection; cross-cultural practice; standards for practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities; and mental health. Graduates are able to take leadership roles in the social work profession, the health and community services sector, and other fields of practice.
- Child Wellbeing and Child Protection
- Critical Leadership and Society
- Critical Perspectives on Mental Health
- Dying, Death and Mourning
- Environmental Change for Social Justice
- Global Social Policy
- Health and Inequality
- Poverty and Social Exclusion
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Philosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 359 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 072217J
- a relevant Australian bachelor's degree (Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate) or equivalent qualification; and
- evidence of the ability to meet the required prerequisite knowledge in relation to human development and of society; and
- evidence of relevant employment history in human and community services industry (generally evidence of at least 2 years is required).
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.