Why choose this programme?
The focus of this area of specialization is on the in-depth scientific investigation of the molecular mechanisms that regulate the function and behavior of cells and, if defective, lead to disease. We offer a master degree in Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology University of Tübingen.
The experimental subjects will be model organisms, such as Drosophila or Caenorhabditis and cell cultures from single animal or human cells. The experimental results will provide insight into, e.g., cell functions in cell clusters, cell differentiation and organ development. The immunological processes will be examined with particular reference to disease-related malfunctions, as they occur in cases of immunodeficiency or in the context of tumor immunology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Molecular Immunology
- Advanced Molecular Cell Biology
- Master Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 32 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology (or comparable) with a grade of at least 2,5
- English language proficiency: TOEFL80 or IELTS 6,0, or native speaker or English-language bachelor’s degree or English B2 (also possibly English as first language at German Abitur level)
- International Applicants: German language proficiency (DSH1, Goethe-Zertifikat B1, TestDaf3333)
- in case that your Bachelor's degree is no typical Biology degree, you will have to provide at least 27 ECTS credits from courses like Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology...
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.