Why choose this programme?
The curriculum covers synthetic fundamental principles as well as applied, environmentally relevant aspects. The focus of the master degree in Evolution and Ecology at the University of Tübingen is on the detailed scientific investigation of the evolution of organisms and the importance of their interactions in their environment.
The Department of in Biology in Tübingen is among the biology departments with the highest research performance in the German-speaking countries. Our research is focused on six major topics.
Two major research topics "Molecular Biology of Plants" and “Microbiological Principles of Biotechnology and Infection Biology”, both from the particularly future-oriented biotechnology/gene technology (genetic engineering) area, are already firmly anchored in the faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Macroevolutionary and Microevolutionary Analysis
- Evolutionary Biology
- Teaching Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Ecology View 31 other Masters in Ecology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in biology (or comparable) with a grade of at least 2,5
- English language proficiency: TOEFL80 or IELTS 6,0 or native speaker or English-language bachelor's degree or English B2 (also possibly English as first language at German Abitur level)
- International applicants: German language proficiency (DSH1, Goethe-Zertifikat B1, TestDaf3333)
- in case that your Bachelor's degree is no typical Biology degree, you will have to provide at least 27 ECTS credits from courses like Botany, Zoology, or Ecology.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.