The Statistics for Computational Biology MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University will be run jointly between Mathematics, Computer Science, and Biological Sciences, providing an excellent point of entry to this growing area for graduates in any of the three constituent disciplines. This master’s degree is all about computational biology and statistics and will be of interest to students that are looking for the minimum entry-level qualification for many excellent employment opportunities in pharmaceuticals, advanced agriculture and in public health.
The scheme is designed to introduce key, practice-based skills in statistics for Computational Biology. You will contribute knowledge to the design of Biological experiments to ensure that appropriate statistical analysis of experimental data is possible. You will learn how to critically evaluate the application of specific statistical techniques to research problems in Computational Biology and then effectively interpret and report the results of analyses.
EmployabilityThis degree will suit you:
- If you already have a background in one of biology, maths or computing and now want training in this exciting interdisciplinary area to enhance your current skills.
- If you wish to gain academic expertise and practical experience in Computational Biology.
- If you wish to enter a career in Statistics for Computational Biology with opportunities to work in pharmaceuticals, advanced agriculture and public health.
- Frontiers in the Biosciences
- Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems
- Programming for Scientists
- Research Skills and Personal Development for Scientists
- Statistical Concepts, Methods and Tools
- Statistical Techniques for Computational Scientists
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesStatistics Computer Sciences Machine Learning View 236 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
- BSc or BA honours degree (High 2:2) in a related subject (such as Biology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics) at undergraduate level and an accompanying reference. We will consider applicants with other experience which gives an equivalent basis for entry.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.