Tourism is data-driven. Therefore, in the third semester, you will explore cutting-edge topics like big data and the cloud, analyse data in research classes, and observe how the strengths of traditional sales channels like e-commerce and mobile are combined for omnichannel commerce. To do so, current trends and issues in the tourism industry will be discussed in-depth. CBS’ MA Tourism Management degree will ensure that you will obtain the knowledge and skills that employers are looking for.
For example, hospitality and event management is the art of providing copious amounts of guests with a seamless, perfect experience – an experience which is orchestrated by hundreds of people working smoothly in the background. CBS’ MA Tourism Management degree will teach you the necessary expertise required to improve your skills in:
- Intercultural team management
- Project management
Students find that the Tourism and Sustainable Management degree at the CBS International Business School is different from other tourism degrees elsewhere not only because it is taught entirely in English, but because of the open classroom concept. Students and lecturers from all over the world come together to discuss issues of sustainable tourism in class and outside of class. Rather than a top-down approach to teaching, we adopt an integrated classroom in which the discussions inform the complexities of the problem. After which students will have the opportunity to put some of these discussions into practice at conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions, museums, demonstrations, business simulations, study trips, and cultural projects both in Germany and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Economics
- Empirical Research Methods
- Strategic Analysis & Management
- Innovation Management & Digital Transformation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- Tourism Geographies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 6 other Masters in Hospitality Management in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission requirements for our CBS Master programmes are a first academic qualification with a minimum of 180 ECTS-Credits of a recognised university with a final grade of at least “good”. Applicants who have not attained this grade in their first study course must take a separate entrance examination. The degree should be business-related.
- Your CV in tabular format
- Proof of your study achievements to date (official academic transcript of records) and if already applicable the certificate of your first academic degree (e.g. Bachelor)
- Letter of motivation: 1-2 DIN A4 pages which answers the following question: “How do you view your vocational future after your studies at CBS?”
- Copy of your passport (and residence permit, if available)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7530 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA10620 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5310 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.