The Clinical Trials Research program at the University of Sydney is offered via distance learning. As a result of participation, you will have a solid understanding of clinical trials methodologies underpinning the design of good quality studies, as well as the knowledge to lead and/or design, conduct and appropriately interpret the results of single and multi-centre clinical trials.
Outstanding graduates may be eligible to pursue a higher degree by research in the courses of Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Surgery (by research) offered by Sydney Medical School. A research degree provides students with the opportunity to prepare a substantial piece of work which represents a significant contribution in a particular field of study; and to gain transferable skills in general research methodology.
Sydney Medical School is affiliated with over 40 independent medical research institutes aimed at achieving medical firsts in specialist areas of health and medicine.
It provides an outstanding environment for postgraduate research. Sydney Medical School's research activities consistently attract high levels of funding from the Commonwealth and state governments, overseas funding agencies and other public and private sources.
The Master of Clinical Trials (Research) aims to build research capacity through a formal qualification and improve the quality of the conduct of trials. Leading to employment opportunities in clinical trials research, the Master of Clinical Trials (Research) is designed to equip graduates with the skills necessary to lead and design clinical trials both nationally and internationally.
- Advanced Trial Design
- Biomarker Studies
- Clinical Trials in Practice
- Critical Appraisal of Evidence
- Drugs and Devices: R and D to Registration
- Interpretation of Trial Analyses
- Leadership and Problem Solving
- Modern Therapeutics and Medical Devices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 203 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sydney and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS Number: 00026A
- hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification, with a credit average; or
- hold a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trials Practice from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- have completed a graduate diploma in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- have completed the requirements of the embedded Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Clinical Trials Research from the University of Sydney, or equivalent qualification.
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
International52500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.