The Clinical Trials Research program at the University of Sydney is offered via distance learning. As a result of participation, you will have a solid understanding of clinical trials methodologies underpinning the design of good quality studies, as well as the knowledge to lead and/or design, conduct and appropriately interpret the results of single and multi-centre clinical trials.
Outstanding graduates may be eligible to pursue a higher degree by research in the courses of Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Surgery (by research) offered by Sydney Medical School. A research degree provides students with the opportunity to prepare a substantial piece of work which represents a significant contribution in a particular field of study; and to gain transferable skills in general research methodology.
Sydney Medical School is affiliated with over 40 independent medical research institutes aimed at achieving medical firsts in specialist areas of health and medicine.
It provides an outstanding environment for postgraduate research. Sydney Medical School's research activities consistently attract high levels of funding from the Commonwealth and state governments, overseas funding agencies and other public and private sources.
The Master of Clinical Trials (Research) aims to build research capacity through a formal qualification and improve the quality of the conduct of trials. Leading to employment opportunities in clinical trials research, the Master of Clinical Trials (Research) is designed to equip graduates with the skills necessary to lead and design clinical trials both nationally and internationally.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Trial Design
- Biomarker Studies
- Clinical Trials in Practice
- Critical Appraisal of Evidence
- Drugs and Devices: R and D to Registration
- Interpretation of Trial Analyses
- Leadership and Problem Solving
- Modern Therapeutics and Medical Devices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 157 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Number: 00026A
- hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification, with a credit average; or
- hold a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trials Practice from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- have completed a graduate diploma in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- have completed the requirements of the embedded Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Clinical Trials Research from the University of Sydney, or equivalent qualification.
International49000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30500 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.