Food engineers acquire strong skills in:
- The chemical-physical and nutritional qualities of foods and beverages, and related product and process engineering
- Analyses and management of the entire supply chain of the modern food and beverage industry.
- The context and the social, economic and environmental effects of production methods, regulatory policies, sustainability
The Food Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is interdisciplinary and focuses on the industrial food transformation technologies and on the analysis and modeling of the social, economic, and environmental effects of the production, from farm to fork.
Food engineering focuses on food and beverage processing, production, and preservation technologies; support the design of food products and production equipment; it takes care of quality management, certification and of food safety; it designs sustainable processes, considering the product life and the reduction of energy consumption connected with production and logistics.
The objective is to prepare culturally and professionally highly qualified technicians able to carry out and to manage activities related to research and design along the entire value-chain of the food and beverage sector, operating at national and international level.
The graduate in Food Engineering will fit the needs of the modern food and beverage industry, related to:
- Process and product management and development (food and beverage)
- Support in the design of plants and production equipment, service, and logistics facilities
- Management of technological services and plants in food and beverage industry, along the entire value-chain
- Maintenance and optimization of plants and processes
- Food and beverage industries (production, processing, packaging, distribution and marketing)
- Engineering companies operating in the food and beverage sector
- Technical structures of the public administration
- Consultancy companies, also with regard to safety and sustainability issues along the entire value-chain of food industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Trends in Food Industry Laboratory
- Food Packaging Materials
- Process and Plants of Food Industry
- Quality Engineering; Logistic Management
- Costs and Operations Management in Manufacturing Industry
- Process Plant
- Formulation Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 13 other Masters in Food Sciences in Italy
- A bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline (Industrial Engineering). A Committee will evaluate students with a different background case by case.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.