Advanced Physiotherapy degree offered at University of Salford is taught by an academically and clinically experienced staff team who are enthusiastic, supportive and approachable. Over the years we have had a diverse range of students join the programme from around the world, which enables discussions around different experiences and practice styles across the profession.
You will be taught in small groups how to locate, critically comment on, and disseminate a range of contemporary evidence. The programme uses a blend of lectures, tutorials, group discussions, practical and research supervision.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with staff research projects and may do individual or group based research depending on your particular area of interest or work; this will enhance your critical thinking, presentation and writing skills. The supervisors will challenge you and help to facilitate your progress. This journey may help you to continue to PhD studies or publication.
This course will boost your career prospects and broaden your skills portfolio. You’ll have the opportunity to choose modules and assignment topics of relevance to your interests and area of professional practice. Graduates of the MSc may also choose to pursue an academic or research-based career path.
- Preparing for Research in Health
- Neuromuscular Function and Dysfunction
- Manual Therapy
- Rehabilitation Strategies
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 370 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- A BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy
- Graduate Diploma in physiotherapy under university APEL regulations.
- Prospective students would normally be expected to achieve a 2.1 Honours degree, but consideration would be given to students with a 2.2 Honours degree with appropriate experience and satisfactory references. Students who do not have a physiotherapy qualification can also take the programme and attain the MSc qualification but a differently titled MSc.
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.