On Dance Choreography and Professional Practices degree offered at University of Salford you’ll explore the art and craft of dance choreography, as well as gain an understanding of what will be expected of you as a professional choreographer. You’ll learn how to work in a professional setting, putting together performances as a dance maker and collaborator.
Completing a master’s in dance choreography will equip you with the skills to succeed in a range of environments in the cultural sector.
You’ll be set to move into a variety of careers, such as becoming a professional dancer, choreographer or dance teacher. You may also choose to move into a related role such as working in arts administration for a theatre or dance company.
You’ll have a deep understanding of choreographic approaches, understanding of current practice and production, policy and legislation in the arts, as well as transferrable skills preparing you for wide range of careers across the sector. Your ability to research, develop and deliver ideas in a creative and professional way will be highly valued by many employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Choreographic Practices
- Approaches To Dance Pedagogy
- Producing For Small/Mid-Scale Touring
- Semester two
- Choreographic Investigations
- Collaborative Practices In Dance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 208 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To join this MA you should have a second class honours degree, 2:2 or above.
- The application process will also involve a practical audition and record of a piece of choreography (live or pre-recorded). In a personal statement (approximately 4000 characters), students will be asked to write about the ways that this specific MA programme will help them advance from their current work within dance towards specific career aspirations. Both Skype and digitally transferred materials can be considered in support of the application’s practical elements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.