On Dance Creative Dance Education degree offered at University of Salford study practical and theoretical modules and undertake an educational and industry-focused teaching placement. You’ll get an insight into teaching dance in various contexts to suit your ambitions as a dance artist, including formal education, youth dance settings and community dance environments. This programme develops both emerging and experienced dance educators by helping you to identify and support the artistry rooted in dance teaching. You’ll understand the role of choreography in teaching and explore the creative elements involved in being a dance educator.
After graduating with a master’s in dance education, you’ll be perfectly positioned to teach dance in a range of working environments. You may choose to pursue a career as a dance teacher in a school or college, a dance instructor or a choreographer, to name just some of your options. You’ll have a deep understanding of pedagogical approaches, understanding of current practice, policy and legislation in the arts, as well as transferrable skills preparing you for a wide range of careers across the sector. Your ability to research, develop and deliver ideas in a creative and professional way will be highly valued by many employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Choreographic Practices
- Approaches To Dance Pedagogy
- Teaching Strategy and Design In Dance
- Choreographic Investigations
- Dance Teaching Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 563 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants to this programme must have a good degree in a dance-related subject
- The application process will also involve a practical audition and record of a piece of choreography (live or pre-recorded). In a personal statement (approximately 4000 characters), students will be asked to write about the ways that this specific MA programme will help them advance from their current work within dance towards specific career aspirations. Both skype and digitally transferred materials can be considered in support of the application’s practical elements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.