Advanced Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies (Supervision) degree offered at University of Salford will enable you to train as a clinical supervisor and further develop your therapeutic skills; applying what you learn in complex professional contexts.
The course further develops your critical understanding of the theoretical knowledge which underpins practice and enhances your ability to critically appraise research evidence.
EmploymentThis post-qualifying course will enable you to conduct advanced studies into counselling and psychotherapy which, in turn, will enhance your career prospects. Study of counselling and psychotherapy at this level could lead you to posts such as specialist or senior counsellor, counselling service manager, as well as academic careers. Because the course focuses on a range of perspectives, this could support you in contributing to the field of health and social health in a range of ways and with higher level contextual awareness.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy for Children and Young People
- Bereavement and Loss
- Research Methods
- Supervision in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Helping Relationships
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 837 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2:2 Hons degree or equivalent.
- Therefore, to gain entry onto this course, you will need to be a qualified counsellor or psychotherapist with a recognised counselling or psychotherapy professional membership (or evidence of eligibility to apply for recognised counselling or psychotherapy professional membership) and at least one year of post-qualification supervised practice.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Your annual fee will be calculated pro rata to the full-time fee according to the number of credits you are studying.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.