Why study MA/MSc Creative Technology at Middlesex University?
Technology has become fundamentally important to art, design and culture and the skills associated with the once-separate creative and technical worlds increasingly overlap. The Creative Technology MA/MSc course at the Middlesex University is a highly practical course with an emphasis on collaboration and experimentation. You will benefit from your lecturers creative, academic and technical expertise, and you'll be encouraged to step out of your comfort zone and tackle something new.
You'll work with your peers on group projects and in the past students have made an interactive cushion, immersive VR and AR environments, Hololens environments, 360 videos, projection mapping projects, locative mobileapps, novel gaming environments and, wearable tech.
- The staff are active in research and industry, and their combined areas of expertise include music and sound technology, social media, interactive technologies, visual and digital imagery, gaming, creative software and managing creative projects.
- You'll have the opportunity to work on real industry briefs. In the past, students have worked with Games companies, Sony and designer and engineer Moritz Waldemeyer
- This course has such a wide scope that the variety of careers which will be open to you is almost endless. Music producer, games developer, application designer or developer, website producer, digital platforms engineer or social and locative media engineer are just some of the many, many roles you could do. You could work for a wide range of employers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, or even start your own business.
- As well as in-depth knowledge of your subject, this course will provide you with many transferable skills. It will improve your research, data collection and interpretation and presentation skills, as well as your confidence and your ability to work under your own initiative and manage your own time. The strong focus on principles and concepts will help you develop the capacity for lifelong independent study.
- Working with the Creative Industries
- Collaborative Projects and Creative Technical Practice
- Final Project
- Directions in Creative Technology and Digital Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesVisual Arts General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 578 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Middlesex University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- It is required that you have a 2:2 honours degree, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.