Traditionally, the sector has been associated with high-volume vehicle manufacture, but the past decade has seen the landscape shift towards automotive component manufacturers and specialist design and consultancy house.
This Automotive Engineering course from University of Leeds will prepare you to work in a range of different settings. Core modules will develop your knowledge of key fields such as chassis and driveline engineering, as well as human factors in automotive. You will use this knowledge during the design and build project. You’ll then choose from advanced professional skills modules and other optional modules on topics that suit your own interests and career intentions.
We put particular emphasis on computational methods and software packages in automotive engineering analysis, design and manufacture. Depending on the modules you choose, you could use Matlab, Fusion360, Abaqus finite element code, Fluent CFD, SolidWorks CAE and LabView.
Career prospects are excellent and with this qualification you should expect to find employment in the automotive and motor sport industries.
Our graduates have secured positions at companies such as:
- Bentley Motors
- BMW UK
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Nissan Motor Company
- Renault F1 (Lotus Renault GP)
- Red Bull Racing
- Ricardo UK
Alternatively, you may choose to work in the general engineering industry, undertake PhD study or move into a completely different field such as finance or teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Automotive Chassis Engineering
- Automotive Driveline Engineering
- Engineering Psychology and Human Factors
- Professional Project
- Team Design Project
- Design Optimisation
- Vehicle Design and Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 45 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with 2:1 (hons) in a relevant engineering discipline. Successful applicants will have strong grades in relevant modules including advanced mathematics, fluid mechanics, strength of materials and dynamics. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.