About this Degree from Instituto Superior Técnico
Data Science has become essential in several areas, from the financial sector to computer and communications security, due to its importance in the analysis and interpretation of huge volumes of data. The interest of companies and organizations in various topics of Data Science and Engineering has been growing exponentially. Business recognizes the enormous economic and commercial value of information and its use as a differentiating element between competitors. Data Science thus supports strategic decisions and can even assist credit rating and algorithm-based stock exchange transactions.
Graduates in Data Science and Engineering can work in various sectors of industry or services such as telecommunications, computing, electronics, energy, health, transportation, banking and insurance, consulting and even in areas related to social sciences. Graduates in this area from Instituto Superior Técnico can work in any activity that deals with, analyzes and handles large volumes of data for better decision making. Research or entrepreneurship are also possible paths after completing the course.
Four courses are offered in the common core of the course:
- One subject from the Electrotechnology and Computers Group (a choice of two)
- One subject from the Computer Science Group (choice of two)
- One subject from the Mathematics Group (choice of two)
- Applications in Engineering and Data Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 12 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold a 1st cycle degree in Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd cycle in Architecture, which requires a 1st cycle degree in Architecture);
- hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that certifies their ability to do the MSc programme which they apply for.
Candidates are selected according to these criteria:
- affinity between the degree they hold and the programme they apply for;
- type of degree they hold;
- academic success in the programme they attended.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.