The Forensic Anthropology and Bioarchaeology MRes programme offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University equips graduates with the skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to pursue either a research-based career in a variety of academic disciplines or a fieldwork career in commercial or forensic archaeology & anthropology. The programme focuses on field and lab-based practical, analytical and research skills, and provides ideal training for students who want to work in industry, or subsequently wish to move onto a PhD programme, or who simply wish to undertake a more significant and flexible amount of research at the Masters level.
Graduates of this programme could go on to work in:
- Forensic Anthropology
- Human Osteology
- Forensic & Crime Scene Science
- Commercial Archaeology
- Humanitarian Work
- Museums & Heritage
- Research Scientist
- Laboratory Technician
Or investigate further research opportunities such as PhD Study.
- Advanced Research Skills
- Human Osteology
- Negotiated Learning
- Professional Practice & Placement
- Dissertation: Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Forensic Science View 132 other Masters in Anthropology in United Kingdom
Hold one of the following prior to commencement of the Programme:
- An initial honours degree of Glyndwr University or another approved degree awarding body with a minimum of 2:2 honours degree which has a significant content of Forensic Science, Crime, Archaeology, Anthropology or Biology.
- Equivalent qualifications of another overseas country which are deemed satisfactory by the programme team.
A non-graduate can be admitted for candidature provided that:
- A non-graduate qualification, which the University deems to be of a satisfactory standard for the purpose of post-graduate admission.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.