- Develop the skills for practice at Higher Specialist Level
- Use state of the art equipment, such as flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy and molecular analysers at the newly established BCUHB North Wales Clinical Research Centre (NWCRC)
- Develop existing knowledge while improving analytical skills by undertaking laboratory-based investigations employing sophisticated and advanced biomedical methodology.
- Gain a professionally recognised qualification, being externally accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
The Biomedical Science MSc programme offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University creates wide-ranging opportunities for employment in fields such as hospital pathology laboratories (NHS and private sector), biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, or public health laboratories.
It provides preparation for the Institute of Biomedical Science Higher Specialist examination, Advanced Practice in Biomedical Science, and those wishing to enhance the career prospects of those aspiring to middle and senior management positions within the NHS.
Students on this programme will also be well placed for careers in research, teaching or to pursue studies towards a PhD or graduate entry medical degree.
- Research methods
- Critically exploring professional practice in the context of health & society
- Analytical & molecular techniques in Biomedical Science
- Clinical medicine: pathology of disease
- Blood sciences & transfusion medicine
- Clinical Immunology & Microbiology
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 122 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- An initial honours degree of Wrexham Glyndwr University or another approved degree awarding body.
- A minimum of 2:2 honours degree, which has a significant content of biological science (e.g. Biomedical Science, Human Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, etc.)
- Have relevant work experience at a senior level that is deemed to compensate the lack of formal qualifications, and have held a position of management responsibility within the biomedical, clinical or healthcare sectors for a minimum of three years within the previous five years.
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts
- An acceptable English language certificate
- 2 x academic reference letters
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements
- Evidence of work experience
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.